Sunday, May 23, 2010

The long way home


It wasn't so long and turned out pretty fun.

Early morning, Boston, Motel

We got our free breakfast, which consisted of bagel, fruit juice and a coffee. This tiny brunch was alright, at least it was free so couldn't really say no to that! After our stomach 'full', we grabbed all of our stuff and packed the car to get back home. We instinctively took all the same spot inside the car, made ourselves comfortable and crazy friend drove following roomy/fellow traveler friend direction (again, she's amazing!) We had all agreed to stop whenever we wanted for pictures and what not.
I was completely out. I don't know whether it was from the alcohol from the night before (only 3 pint -over many hours- shouldn't have much effect, usually anyway) or the lack of good sleep. I was almost passed out the entire way back. I needed coffee, something to get my heart pumping to turn that blood around. I should have had my window open all the way back, it would have been...refreshing. Anyway, we stopped a few miles after the tollbooth (or was it?? I did sleep a good while.) to get something to pump us out (We were all kinda affected by our road trip - so maybe it really wasn't my 3 pint-party from the night before). We didn't find much at the liquor store. I took a minute to picture a work-site. As if I never seen one before!! Well, it was all sandy and all, I thought it was real pretty. (However, I just can't find the picture on my phone, anyway it must have turned out horrible since I took it from my phone. Oh well)
Another while in the car, and well all gushed on how the landscape was beautiful, seems like we just couldn't get enough of all the green, the rocky mounds and the white and blue sky. Crazy and I spotted smiling all-American cop (that just melted our hearts) and we nagged the two others about it (till this day! But really, he was so cute and all) What happened is that while passing a standing duo cop on the road while we were slowing down for the construction work, the smiley-cop happened to turn his head (followed by his enormous cop hat - we don't have that in Quebec-) when we passed him. The moment was super cute. And I don't know why but Frenchie doesn't like to hear about it (jealous much?? - It's just a smiley-cop! - That's what she said!)
We did a stop at Franconia, dear Franconia! We loved her much! Gas and then BOOM! Stony-head-guy-mountain! (It is SO our next location for the next road trip!) It's this very picturesque site, where the mountain has a face on one of its side. Very beautiful! We got to stop and stretch our legs a good while. We saw a trout lake without any trout (but where were they???), we visited the main pavilion to get some information for the next trip and then we just admired the awesome view of some more green and mountains. We hopped back into our vehicle and continued our way back.
Crazy had an idea that we could opted for another road to get home. We all didn't mind, we just wanted to get eventually home. We quickly learned the mischief in it. Crazy wanted to visit her soon-to-be dog (which unfortunately happened for something like 2 weeks, but that's another story to tell!) So we headed back toward the wonderful America-Canada line where we were warmly received by a fellow Canadian (and he was probably even a Quebecois). From there, we got to the dog place Crazy wanted to go (near Sherbrooke?). Couple of minutes of wait, because I didn't get out of the car, I was still a little bit weirded-out, and we FINALLY got home. At that time, it was time to get back into our appartment AND enjoy a nice hockey game (I only remember it was Montreal's Canadians -of course-, but I don't have a clue against which team they were playing and who won...).
From that day, I still recall that very special night where we all said: Let's go! Let's do it! I count the days. I really hope it'll happen again!
I am to go to Mont-Louis, 7-8hour drive from QC city to get a friend of mine back to the city. My brother is coming instead of Crazy friend. Lucky me!! I don't know how it'll turned out. It probably will be my next entry. The 16h drive (to and back) Saturday. Good title, no?

;o)

MC

No comments: